- Create an email message by clicking "New" (near top left).
Tip: if it says "Enable rich text editor" instead of showing a toolbar, click on that button.
- Add files to your email by clicking on "Choose files to attach" paperclip (left toolbar button).
- Navigate to the folder and double-click on the file to attach. (Adding files is near-instantaneous since AOL Mail doesn't upload them until you send the message or save it to drafts.)
- Attachments show their file names, listed as green buttons above the toolbar. Tip: to remove an attachment, click the "x" close button next to its name and it won't be sent.
- AOL has a maximum attachment size limit of 25Mb per message. To avoid problems / "too large" error messages, send files in different emails, or zip them before attaching them.
Tip: there is no size limit when you first upload files to a third-party services like SkyDrive and include download links to them in your email. (Remember to make these files public.)
- To download all attachments you receive in your AOL Mail account, you unfortunately have to click on one after the other, unless the sender zipped them into a single archive file: click on it, choose a download location on your computer, and move on to the next file.
Tip: if you check AOL from a desktop email program, it should have a "Save All Attachments" command - see its main menu, right-click on one of the attachments, or check the help file.